I made Chocolate orange and vanilla and thought i'd put up the recipes because if I do say so myself they were bloomin tasty ....
Vanilla cupcakes : made 12 large 12 mini
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g Stork
- 240g S-R flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Really simple 1. cream together the sugar and stork until pale ( this should take a minute or two )
2. Add all the ingredients and have a mix up of them all until everything is combined.
3. fill your chosen cake tin
4. put in the oven at 150 for 15 minutes ( check to see if there done by inserting a skewer or knife if it comes out clean there done ) If they aren't done just put them in for a little bit longer .
5. When they are ready bring them out of the oven and allow to cool
Chocolate orange cupcakes: made 12 large 12 mini
- 200g S-R flour
- 50g cocoa
- 300g caster sugar
- 80g stork
- 250mls of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 a chocolate orange smashed into chocolate chips
Simply follow the first steps of the vanilla cupcakes but when it comes to the cooking
1. Bake at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes .
2. when done allow to cool :)
Butter icing :
- 500g icing sugar
- 250g Butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- If you want to make the chocolate icing add 50g cocoa powder and 2tsp orange juice
Cream your butter until pale and soft then slowly add the icing sugar. Mix (I find doing this with a hand mixer is best) add the vanilla when all the icing is combined and mix until soft and fluffy. ( about 5 mins)
For the chocolate when you add the vanilla also add the cocoa and orange juice :)
Happy baking :)