Thursday 14 March 2013

Kevyn Aucoin - The Sculpting powder


The powder in action 

So this little beauty has been in my collection for since before Christmas now and is rarely out of my weekly Muji stack , I'm actually a little surprised I haven't blogged about it before - I have certainly instagramed it and the effects it has.
Ladies and maybe gentlemen I present to you Kevyn Aucoin -The Sculpting Powder !!!
I picked this up on one of my many trips to Space Nk in Newcastle and yes I was meant to be Christmas shopping but I was lured in after reading Ana's review Vivannadoesmakeup. I find I have to go into space NK with an exact list or I will spend far far too much money ... I learnt this in the Manchester branch .
Anyway back to the powder!
Unlike others 'bronzers' you may use for contouring this creates more of a natural shadow to the cheeks, jawline and temples using more grey,red and brown shades rather than having orange undertones.
I really love that it is more of a natural colouring as it looks like a genuine shadow rather then ' yes I am trying to sculpt my cheekbones look' . The natural colouring also means that you are free to then apply more (yes more) bronzer,blush and highlighter.
A slight nod to the packaging which is simply beautiful I love the red/brown plastic of all Kevyn Aucoin products it's simple no faff my only gripe is the brush - but you get that with most products so hey ho !

Okay as much as I love this contouring powder it isn't exactly easy on the purse strings at £34 but like I said it's lasted me since before Christmas and it's not even dented in yet but it is still expensive.  On a sadder note it is currently out of Stock on Space NK online but I may be worth trying in stores or searching around alone.

Hope you enjoyed this little post and enjoy the rest of your week !!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment