1) Crayon wall art :
So I saw this and thought wow that's cool and really simple. All you do is superglue crayons to a strong canvas and blast them with your hairdryer. So really simple . However I would advise using 'higher' quality crayons as the pigmentation tends to be a bit stronger. I'm thinking of doing another two for my bedroom wall.
|If like me you love Toy Story 3 you will notice the peas in a pod on the right hand side :)|
2) Rainbow 'american' pancakes:
I made these as a naughty little treat and break from doing dissertation work only to discover they are actually low in fat ... buy hey even better . These are a great idea for kids super simple, colourful, contain 'hidden' fruit, low fat and most importantly taste yummy! If I were to make these again I would defiantly use natural colourants instead of food colouring just because it's cleaner and don't make children *cough* ME *cough* as hyperactive.
200g S-R flour
1 tsp Baking powder
300ml semi-skimmed milk
Knob of butter
150g Fresh raspberries ( experiment with other fruits)
1 tbsp yellow food colouring
1tbsp blue colouring
1tbsp pink colouring
Spray Sunflower oil for cooking
Maple syrup, golden syrup, honey or raspberry coulis for drizzling
1) Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter. Beat in the melted butter, and stir in the raspberries - I do this a bit roughly so the raspberries pop .
2) Split your mixture into 3 bowls and in each separate bowl mix in the different colourants.
3) Over a medium heat , add a spritz of oil into a non stick man and add a ladle of mixture to your pan and cook. I'd do 3 minutes each side. You can either make lots of little pancakes but I made a 3 huge ones and cut out heart shapes :)
4) Gobble them up whilst there warm with the drizzle of your choice and the left over fruit !!!
On the subject of things I am loving is that I am absolutly obsessed by the song summer paradise by Simple plan it's just so cheerful and making me even more excited for summer ( which for me starts in May) . It promises to be a good one !!! I hadn't listened to Simple plan since I was like 16 and at that point I think I had a crush on them all ... Can certainly say that some members have aged nicely ;) and the music aint bad either... I still like the cheesy classics <3