Saturday 1 February 2014

Drugstore treats


First things first but I fail at blogging and being organised. I had planned this to go up yesterday and just didn't get the chance because I was in Uni all day then went out for a friends birthday so I'm giving you a post today and tomorrow and we'll be back to usual on Monday.

I went into Boots the other day to pick up a new foundation. I'd heard so much about the Rimmel Match Perfection so I plumped for this. This is a foundation that deserves the praise it receives and could easily pass as high end. It adds a lovely light glow and is light to medium in coverage. The only bad thing is like many a drug store foundation's is that the colour range is a little pap.

Sticking with the base I also picked up the Maybelline - The Eraser eye perfect & Cover concealer from Superdrug . Now I'm just not sure about this concealer I do like it but there's just something that I'm not keen on. Again the colour range is minimal and I'm not sure how hygienic the sponge applicator is. These problems aside this is a good under eye concealer it hides dark circles, With Goji berry to firm the under eye area and haloxyl to care for inflamed bags. I think I'll do a more in depth review in a couple of weeks to see how I feel about it.

This is perhaps the most exciting product I picked up and it's the Maybelline falsies big eyes mascara . I just think this is a great idea with a thick round brush to create volume and defination on the upper lashes and then a smaller brush to coat the bottom lashes. This is something I want to do a full blog post on because it's a really great product so I'll put that up later in the week.

And finally I picked up something a little naughty in the shape of the Clarins Instant lip Perfecter in the shade apricot shimmer . When these first came out I had the Number 7 dupe and really liked it so naturally I wanted to try the original but had put it off until now . This lovely peachey gloss does leave the lips feeling a looking 'kissable' ready for valentines. What I like about the lip perfecter is that it isn't too tacky or thick on the lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment