Friday 25 July 2014

Let's cook || Super simple Mexican salad



BBQ season is in full swing, especially with all this beautiful weather we've been having in the UK.
Now I love a BBQ but it's sometimes difficult to come up with healthy tasty side dishes.
Cue my 'Mexican' salad, I actually have no idea if it's Mexican but the ingredients sound it so lets roll with that :)
And how can you say no to all those pretty vibrant colours.
Let's get down to business.... 



Ingredients : 
6 Cherry tomatoes
1 Avocado
250g Frozen sweetcorn
1 tin of black eyed beans (your meant to use black beans but ASDA didn't have any)
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
3 sprigs of mint
1-2 lime's to your own taste - I use 1 1/2
4 tbsp olive oil 

1.In a glass or jam jar mix together the Olive oil , juice from the limes, salt and paprika.
Set aside.
2. Chop your avocado,tomatoes and mint and pop in a large bowl. 
4. Heat the beans on the hob and drain.
5. Add sweetcorn and beans to the other ingredients.
 4. Drizzle dressing and stir everything together.
5. Serve.

Simples ya?!?!?! 

p.s This salad went really well with my pesto chicken hallumi skewers if you'd be interested in seeing a recipe for that?  Let me know below!



I do try and eat healthy but sometimes you just need some plastic cheese! 




No comments:

Post a Comment