Monday 21 October 2013

Skeleton Tutorial

Can you believe that it's nearly Halloween which means Christmas isn't all that far away ! I love Skeletons (yes I even have a skeleton onesie) so for today's post I thought I'd talk you through my skeleton tutorial....

What you will need: 

  •   White and black face paint – I got a set from Asda but all the major supermarkets are selling Halloween paints for next to nothing
  • Face crayons in black and white
  • Mascara 
  • Black liquid eyeliner
  •  Dark cherry red lipstick
  •       A contour shade – I used the Kevin Aucoin's sculpting powder but anything cool toned will work 
  • Two make up sponges 
  • A thick paintbrush , a fine paintbrush and a contour/blush brush

1) Firstly apply the white face paint all over the face,neck and lips with one of the make up sponges. (you may need a few coats depending on the quality of your paints)

2) Apply the contour shade to the hallows of your cheeks - really over exaggerate this too create deep shadows . 




3   3) With the black crayon paint add outlines around the nose and eyes. Create bone shapes around the side of the face and fill in with black face paint using the other sponge and a paintbrush.
I can assure you I was happy I just don't know if skeletons smile? 


 4) Using a liquid liner draw on cracks where you like and neaten up the outlines.
5    
      5) Mix the red lipstick with a little black paint and put on the lips and under the eyes. 
 

6) With the liquid liner, paint on teeth, curl lashes and add a coating of mascara.



Hey presto! your done and ready to scare or stuff your face with Halloween themed goodies you decide !
What's your favourite Halloween look? 




No comments:

Post a Comment