Tuesday 19 November 2013

The MAC trio


When the days get colder I love to experiment with my make up a bit more. Recently I've loved mixing up my usual smokey eye. 
This is a combination that I've only just started wearing,even though I've had the shades since Christmas...OPPS!
I present to you ... The MAC trio ! 

L-R Cranberry , Soba and Handwritten 

I start by using a flat brush to pack on Soba which is a lovely golden shade with just a glimmer of shimmer . I put this all over the lid - it doesn't need to be the neatest job as it all gets blended together . 
I then pop a little bit of handwritten into the crease and do some serious blending. Really take you time with this so that it looks seamless.  I love handwritten it's a much richer matte chocolate brown. I like to smudge a little bit of handwritten just under the bottom lash line. 
I then pop a little bit of cranberry over the top to add a little bit of depth and colour. 
This gives an almost bronze effect which is perfect for Autumn/winter. This look is perfect for the day as it doesn't look too done but it can also be taken into the evening. 

My top tips for using mac Cranberry... 

Red/pinks are hard to pull off without looking a little bit like you have an infection, lack of sleep or worse punched in the face.
1) Use eyeliner to counteract any redness of the waterline - I like nude 
2) I like to mix it with other colour's so it's not too full on
3) Lashings of mascara!


Sorry about the dodgy picture ....

No comments:

Post a Comment