Thursday 28 November 2013

Wearable berry lips



It can't be denied that berry lips are a hit come winter time. They easily add glamour, interest and sophistication.
There is something about a dark berry lip that just screams sexy but they aren't the easiest look to pull off , especially for daytime. 
This post came about after some girlfriends and I were discussing how we love dark lips but they are defintaly hard to pull off without looking too 'done'. 

I thought I'd do a little post all about one of my favourite lipsticks and how I use it in the day time. 



So when wearing a berry shade I find it works best with everything else really toned down and glowing. I start my using the DIOR nude foundation  I then go in with the Rimmel wake me up concealor under my eyes, the Benefit erase paste to hide dark circles and redness. If wearing berry tones or reds you don't want any red or purple tones peeking through the skin as it causes you too look a little washed out and pap.  I also use the Smashbox Photo finish lid primer to hide any darkness in my lids and to give my shadow some staying power.

For the day time I keep my eyes simple but still use a little shadow to add interest and defination. I use the 'eyeliner' shade in the Benefit big beautiful eyes kit .  This is a really nice contour shade.
Then curl the lashes and pop on a good coating of YSL volume effect faux cils mascara . 
Brows are filled in with the Bobbi Brown brow pencil in ash .

When wearing a dark lip I usually skip on bronzer, as I feel it emphasizes my pale skin . Instead I try and match my blush with the lip colour.
So the nearest match I have to Beguiled is the in the Nars soulshine cheek pallette .
This is a gorgous grape shade with a finely milled shimmer and I love using it to contour the cheeks a little and add colour.
Anyone know the name of this colour?
I then pop a little bit of Topshop beguiled onto the lips and blot with a tissue.

There you go Bob's your uncle ! an easier toned down way to wear berries...

Sorry the pictures a little dodgy , still not used too it ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment