|`100g plain flour, 20g cocoa powder, 140g caster sugar 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, a pinch of salt , 40g unsalted butter , 120ml whole milk , 1 egg, 2 tbsp peppermint, 1 tbsp vanilla extract|
for the icing 500g icing sugar 250g softened butter 2 tbsp pepper mint 1 tbsp green food coloring and of course mint matchmakers for decoration .
1. Preheat an oven to 170 degrees (325 F- gas 3)
2. Weigh out the dry ingredients and combine in a large mixing bowl and combine using a spoon or hand held whisk .
3. In a separate bowl whisk egg , milk, vanilla and peppermint extract and then slowly pour into the dry mixture each bit at a time. Make sure everything is Incorporated and smooth.
4.Spoon your mixture into paper cases and bake in your pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave your cupcakes to fully cool and make the icing in the meantime.
1.Make sure your butter is softened or it will be difficult to combine.
2. Slowly mix in the icing sugar ( do it slowly or you'll make a white mess everywhere - although pretty not nice to clean )
3. Use a hand held whisk to combine the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy ( this should take about 5 mins)
4. After about 5 mins add your peppermint essence(your choice how you want it) and some green coloring.
5. Make sure your cakes are fully cool and ice . You can then decorate with matchmakers.
YUMMY . ENJOY .