Monday 15 April 2013

S/S 2013 Make up trends - Glowing skin

It looks as if the glowing and healthy skin look is here to stay . The trend is super fresh and natural skin with peachy toned cheeks and perfectly highlighted skin. Now we aren't all as lucky to have natural skin like this but a few pointers in the right direction can help re-create the look.

  • Fresh and natural skin
  • A good skincare regime goes a long long way 
  • Cream based products if your skin can handle it but don't worry the look can still be achieved with powder products. 
  •  Light reflecting primers 

Tan - Now this is my no means compulsory but I find with a bit of a tan I can get away with only tinted moisturisers and BB creams.  For me Clarins is my go to brand for facial tanners. 
Clarins liquid bronze self-tanning - This is great for popping on just before bed and waking up with a lovely natural hint of colour. Just be careful not to rub in around the eyebrows and hairline- it is however also good for popping on any difficult patches such as hands. 
Clarins instant smooth self- tanning -   Fantastic for an instant colour which can be built upon and with priming properties too you can't go wrong .  This is also great if you're feeling a little peaky as it just perks the skin up . 





Primer & Foundation - 
L'oreal Lumi-Magique -  This is a lovely primer but I do find sometimes its a little too glowy if possible but for a drugstore primer it works really well and can be used just as a highlighter. 
Smashbox Photo finish Luminizing - Now I must buy a new one of this it is amazing it creates a subtle glow, evens out the skin tone and helps foundation last longer. 
Dr.Jart + Water fuse BB cream - Whoa this is my go to 'foundation' at the minute with it's skincare properties but gives such a beautiful glow to the skin leaving little need to powder up any overly shiny areas. 
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat - Now this is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny in my eyes I love it !!! but I do find it needs a little powder under the eyes and the nose but hey ho not a big deal .  It really does what you'd expect gives a healthy glow without looking too heavy. 



Bronzers
Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel bronze universal - Personally I love this to perk my complexion up and I find the smallest amount goes along way . It's also really great for contouring . 
Nars Laguna-  Now I know not everyone is a fan of bronze universal and it isn't for everyone's skin type so if I had to pick a powder bronzer it would be Nars laguna every time. 


 Blushers - For this look peachy toned blushers work best or very subtle flushes of pink. 
Powders or creams ?  Using a cream blush can give the skin a natural flush without looking too much or too strong but it is important to carefully blend the product into the skin. My favourite cream blushers are without a doubt the Topshop Cream blushers . 
Powder's can work just as well and are certainly more long lasting for this trend I particularly like Nars deep Throat and Look Beauty make me blush flush shade 2 . 


Highlights, Highlight and you guessed it highlight- 
Again there's a whole host of different products with the aim to highlight you're best features and achieve that healthy glow. A powder will give a more obvious glow than say a cream but sometimes it will sit a bit nicer on the skin the choice is truly your own !


So there you are my take on the glowing skin trend I hope you all enjoyed . Next Friday we'll be looking at the brow trend- a bit of an interesting one if I say so myself ! I'm hoping to get another post up tonight :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment