Monday 1 April 2013

What I've been buying... #March

March has been an amazing month for me with a lot going on :

  • I handed my dissertation in ... now to just wait patiently
  • Celebrated some amazing peoples birthdays and welcomed two new guinea piggies 
  • Managed to finally get tickets for Beyonce at Chime for Change excited much? YES!!!
  • Lots of yummy Easter eggs and time with friends and family 
  • The big one me and my boyfriend announced that we were engaged :)  
As you can see March has been fantastic and exciting month despite the freezing cold weather and never ending snow . I thought I'd do a little post about some of the lovely bits and pieces I've picked up this month!


Clothes : 
I really love the midi dress trend especially been a taller lady I find I don't have to buy a size up just so that my bum bum is covered and it seems to be a trend holding it's own. The coral-pink one is from New look and I think was about £15 /£20 I can't fully remember  but the one I really love is the blue tie dye effect dress from River Island (£25) which I think will be perfect for Paris and perhaps for upcoming gigs and travelling. River Island



Make up :  

Make up this month has really been featuring the 'high street/drugstore' brands . I picked up three of the Barry M gel High shine polishes ( Prickly Pear/Lilac colour , Lychee/a gorgeous nude and Blood orange which is simply a vibrant red perfect for the toes). I also picked up the new Revlon nearly naked foundation and powder ( I am defiantly going to do a more in depth review). I am seriously impressed with the foundation it's a much thicker coverage then I expected but it does leave a lovely finish one gripe why not add a pump too the bottle ? 
Lips wise I picked up Hyper melon lipstick by Look beauty a rich coral shade perfect for a pop of colour . On the other end of the spectrum I treated myself to a Chanel rouge allure in the shade enjouee which is a bit different to what I would usually go for . I say this because it's more of a bright bright pink , I did fear it may look a little barbie-Esq but noooo it's beautiful . A little note on enjouee - make sure your lips are smooth and free of flakiness. Finally I strolled into mac and bought a new shadow for my palette in the shade Soba which is a goldey brown perfect for a brown smokey eye which I find just a tad softer for my colouring .  




Little peek at the ring and my work in nero :)

So there you are hope you all enjoyed a peek into my March and what was going on  :) Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday and if your at school or University enjoy the rest of the holidays . 


No comments:

Post a Comment