Ingredients - serves 6
3 mushrooms finely sliced
400g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp Plain flour
4 tbsp half fat creme fraice
A block of ready roll puff pastry ( for the lazy part)
330ml of chicken stock ( I use knorr stock pots)
3 rashers of bacon
20g Unsalted butter
1. Firstly I fried of the chicken and bacon in a little oil until fully cooked. I then popped this mixture into a big bowl. I then fried off the mushrooms,corn and spring onions for 2-3 minutes and added this to the chicken/bacon mix.
2. For the sauce. Put the butter in a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Tip the flour into a pan and mix with the butter to make a thick smooth sauce. Gradually whisk in the stock until the sauce has thickened. Turn down the heat and leave the sauce to boil for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraice. Pour the sauce over your filling and spoon the mixture into the dishes or dish your choice.
|It may look yuck! but I assure it's really tasty|
3. Unroll the pastry to fit your pie dish . Now you could do this really neatly and make it look pretty BUT this is a lazy chicken pie so just cut the right size and pop it on the top. Once you've done this pop it in the fridge for 15 mins so the pastry can relax ! and you can get a cuppa !
4. Glaze your pastry with a beaten egg and pop in the oven at 190 degrees for 35 minutes.
5. After 35 minutes you pie should have risen somewhat and be golden brown. Leave to cool then enjoy for you dinner with mash and vegetables( if you like) .
|I did warn you they were rustic !|