100g unsalted butter
50g caster sugar
110g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
And anything you want to decorate with I used silver spoon's chocolate caramel buttons .... yummy !!
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line 2 flat tins with grease proof paper. Grab a bowl and add the softened butter and caster sugar. Mix until creamy and fluffy.
2. Add the flour and cocoa powder to the bowl and use a rubber spoon to mix into the butter mixture. Do this for a minute or two until it becomes too difficult then use your hands to form a dough ball.
3. Tip the ball onto a floured worktop and roll out to about 1 cm thickness. Then go cutter crazy ... I used hearts because it was a valentines present but you can do whatever you fancy.
4. Place onto the trays( be careful to separate the biscuits as they spread when baked) and pop into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Before decorating allow the biscuits to fully cool.
5. Theres a number of ways to decorate I did some just sprinkled with sugar and then I melted the caramel buttons ( these are a great dupe for the hotel chocolat caramel buttons at a fraction of the price) and dipped some of the biscuits with the caramel.... YUMMY!!!
This post was inspired by a recipe I saw in ' The Great British bake off - learn to bake' book .