Friday 22 February 2013

Just like granny used to make em...

Cheese and Chorizo scones:

Well not exactly how granny would make cheese scones in fact she's probably turning in her grave at the fact I added Chorizo and paprika but essentially this is a recipe that already remind me of my Nana I used to love going to her house and having giant cheese scones... I am even lucky enough to have her hand written cook book with the original recipe.  These are really good for adding other ingredients too and I had some left over Chorizo left so went for a Spanish twist .   

200g S-R flour 
50g Butter 
25g porridge oats
85g Grated Cheddar plus little extra  
50g Finely chopped Chorizo ( use the one that doesn't require cooking)  
1 tsp smoked paprika
150 ml milk 

1. Pre-heat an oven 220 degrees . Put Flour in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats,cheese, chorizo and paprika . Fold in the milk . If you feel the mixture is a little dry you can always add a teeny bit more milk. Then bring together the dough so that it forms a ball. 
2. Tip the dough ball onto a slightly floured surface and roll out no thinner than 2cm. You can then cut the dough I used hearts but you can also use a circular cutter. 
3. Pop them on a baking tray or two , sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. 
4. Allow them to cool and pop them on a plate. However I love them fresh out the oven. 

So hope you enjoyed that little bake either tomorrow or Sunday I am tackling eclairs due to the subtle hinting from my boyfriend and housemates. 
Post will be coming very soon !! 
Have a lovely weekend guys <3

No comments:

Post a Comment