Tuesday 28 May 2013

A different kind of beauty box

So I've had a subscriptions to both Glossybox and Birchbox(formally Joliebox) and cancelled because I felt I was wasting my dollar and the products simply weren't 'luxury'  - I was well and truely sworn off beauty boxes. However this one off Summer box caught my eye and I quickly snapped it up . Priced at £25 this Summer Selfridges box is perfect for those long summer days on the beach or for hazy evenings.  So I hear you cry out what's in the box?!?! 



HAIR - 
AQUA SPLASH BY TANGLE TEEZER:
First up is the AQUA Splash which is a much more water friendly version of the infamous tangle teezer.  The aqua splash is hallowed out and stands upright which allows water to drain quickly , this therefore makes it better suited for showering,swimming and the beach .  My only worry with the aqua splash is that it's a little chunky and may be a little more difficult to hold - I'm sure it will be fine though. 
BUMBLE AND BUMBLE SURF SPRAY :
I think this is what really drew me towards this box as I've been dying to try. Now I don't have a great track record with surf sprays so I didn't want to pay for the Bumble and bumble version if I didn't like it or it didn't work. I am really very excited to try this having heard such great reviews. 
JANE TRAN HAIR SLIDES AND CLIPS:  
These are in such pretty colours and will make a lovely addition to any hairstyle.  That's about it really what can I say about hair clips?




THE BODY WORKS -
MOLTON BROWN BLISSFUL TEMPLETREE BATH & SHOWER GEL: 
I really do love Molton Brown so this is a great addition. It smells delicious and is said to help prevent moisture loss often found in the summer months. I will certainly be taking this along to Canada with me .
ST TROPEZ INSTANT GLOW FACE LOTION & LANCASTER TAN MAXIMIZER :
Two tanning products is always going to please me(although at the minute I look like Casper) . St Tropez is a brand I love and use on a regular basis so I know I'll love the glow lotion. Lancaster however is a brand I've only ever really seen in France so I haven't used it before but I am very excited by an after sun which will  prolong your tan.
MODELS OWN - BUBBLEGUM NAIL VARNISH :
Not my kind of colour but maybe on the tootsies however I think I would have named it highlighter pink.


AND FOR THE FACE ... 
ERBORIAN BB CREAM : 
I've seen this about in Space NK and not really battered an eyelash but after reading the packaging I am rather interested. It claims to be '5 in 1 , total sheer, make-up-care cream 'baby skin' effect' intrigued? On first glance this BB cream is interesting because it's rather dark in comparison to other BB creams I've tried so I'll let you know how I get on.
CAUDALIE BEAUTY ELIXIR :
Does this really need any introduction? I think not . I find it really does refresh the skin, clears up any blemishes and my skin simply drinks it all up. I do have one big gripe... the smell I just don't know if I like it :S


No comments:

Post a Comment